Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Let it Snow

It snowed for about 8 hours yesterday and we got quite a bit of snow for Scott's birthday. That is not fair, I had better get some for my birthday, too. I have been scrambling to get winter coats, find hats and get gloves. Marcus had only one glove, so we went to buy some. He wanted glow in the dark skeleton hands, but we thought ski gloves would be better. He was sad,(He loves anything that glows in the dark at the moment.) but chose red ones. Now he has a green snow boarding coat, red ski gloves and a black knit hat with the bat symbol on it. Anneke of course has a princess coat that is bright pink.
I spent Saturday training to be on the policy council for Marcus's school. I found out yesterday that I have been elected to be on the Resident Council for the CU apartments. A few Sundays ago we gave talks and because of things I said I am helping put together the Christmas party/program for our ward. It happens the day after my birthday. So, outside of work I am super busy. I am excited to be involved but hate the extra time away from my children.
We finally ordered a new bunk bed for our children. Andy doesn't think that he can make it for a lot less than we bought it. Our concern is getting the mattresses that we currently have to fit. We have extra long twin mattresses that have proven to be difficult with the current bunk beds. Marcus was set on getting the bed with the slide. However, it had only bed on top and a built in desk and dresser underneath.
Andy is obsessed with motorcycles and driving me crazy in the process. He talks about them everyday and is even a member of a chat room devoted to motorcycles addicts. Well, I doubt that is what they could call themselves...I am getting annoyed and wish that he would focus his energies on getting a better job so we are not paying so much for child care. Okay, enough venting. I may go walking now, but am unsure what will happen because of the snow.

No comments: