*I remember when she would substitute at school. It was always fun to hear what room she was in and not have to ride the bus home.
*I remember our long drives to San Antonio. She was going to UTSA. We listened to oldies (KONO), the Beatles, and musicals.
*I remember when she made me several outfits one summer. They were so cool, sun dresses with matching biker shorts for underneath. :)
*I remember when she was helping Popi move the heavy front door and she fell down the stairs. She dubbed herself "Thug Ball" from Hook.
*Due to the above accident, she wore a neck brace for a long time and we were so embarrassed/annoyed.
*She could never sleep alone when Dad was on a business trip. I was the best to sleep with because I didn't/don't (?) move much.
*She taught me how to cross-stitch. (I miss it.)
*She crocheted blankets for all of us and the Dittmar girls (her neices). She made blankets for our friends and then crocheted teddy bears, too. I still have both my blanket and bear.
*She had cancer when I had my first born, but she was still amazing. She planned a baby shower and made sure we never went hungry.
*She is full of trivia and playing those kinds of games with her is always difficult. I never enjoyed Trivial Pursuit because of it. ;)
*I remember her always being there, even though she was content to stay in the background.
I love you, Mom. Happy 56th birthday last week.
1 comment:
Thank you. It has been one of the best birthdays ever and you are one of the best daughters ever!
Post a Comment