Yesterday morning both Andy and I were able to go to Marcus's school for an award's ceremony. He was in the 1st grade in Mrs. Decker's class, so they were the first to receive their awards. Luckily sitting there wasn't too long. Andy entertained Luke really well with his lens cleaner and case.
This is Marcus receiving his award from his principal. (According to him, she is pretty scary.)
Marcus with his Certificate of Achievement in reading.
Last night we went to Skate night at Crystal Palace. Adults could skate free and it was for Marcus's school. He thought that it was great to see some classmates and his teacher. Anneke couldn't stay on her feet and held the wall the whole time, but she loved it. I got her skating pretty good and then she got so excited and tried to jump. Back to the drawing board. Since the skates pinched Andy's feet and Luke couldn't go out I got to do a lot of skating. It was so fun! I haven't smiled that much in a long time. I felt like a little kid and could let all worries go away. I highly recommend trying it again sometime.
Marcus had his last field trip on Monday. He went to the Mirage Secret Garden. While there he dressed up like a dolphin. I was given some grainy pictures but am hoping I can get Mrs. Decker to e-mail them to me. He, of course, looked very cute.
On a side note I found a blog that is right up my alley, besides "THE MEANEST MOM". It is called Bookie Woogie and you have to check it out. Plus, it is a really fun idea.
4 comments:
How cool - I love ice skating. Fun!
It was actually ROLLER skating. Old school stuff! Awesome!
No way - I don't even think there's a place around here to do that kind of thing anymore. Way fun! Now I really am jealous. If I'd been there we could have re-enacted "Sisters" from White Christmas! Andy would have loved it.
What an awesome field trip! Yeah for the great awards. I'm so following the link now. Thanks!
Post a Comment