Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cakes and Plumbing

I know that the title makes for a weird combination, but I am trying to get through our trip in a few posts so it is not too boring, but also not too many posts.
I have mentioned my minimal cake decorating skills in a previous post and shown the efforts. Well, this one is one to be proud of too. I made the flag, but my talented husband did the lettering and eagle with ziplock bags and a knife. I am seriously thinking of handing over the frosting bowl to him from now on. Isn't it great?
I had the great idea of having Andy and his 5 brothers pitch in money and time to redo their mom's kitchen and bathroom in tile for Mother's day and her birthday. (Both in May.) Well, Jeff took the idea and ran with it. He finished the tile with his dad last weekend. Andy was bummed. So, on Saturday he helped his dad put back in the toilet downstairs and Luke helped with the kitchen sink. (You can see the tile a bit by Luke.) I have decided to have 4 more boys just so someday they will redo my kitchen. J/K!

3 comments:

Elise said...

WOW!!! I'm am VERY impressed with you and Andy's cake skills!!! So cool!!! Luke looks like he's having fun :) Happy Easter!

Marisa said...

Wow, that eagle is amazing!

Cari said...

Cool eagle. Heidi, Carl says that he'd hand over the bowl, too.