-When they were getting ready to buy their house. We toured it with them and I loved how you could see your footprints on the carpet.
-I used to leave notes for my cousins in a basket and they would write back. We had our own little mail system.
-I was jealous that they had a play kitchen. My dad made my little sister an amazing wooden one, but I liked their plastic one with the fake food. (I wanted Anneke to have one, but she never got one either.)
-My aunt would take us swimming with them at their community pool and I felt so lucky each time. I still love swimming.
-I remember once when we were babysitting the wind kept blowing the front door open and set off the alarm. We were so scared.
-I used to sing my cousins to sleep. I had a few songs I would sing over and over. (I still remember them and sing them for my kids.) Julianna drove me crazy because it felt like she would never sleep. Now, I am pretty sure she just didn't need as much sleep as other people.
-Our last Thanksgiving in Texas we played football with their uncle and cousins on their dad's side. I had so much fun I wanted to make it a tradition.
-My aunt always had fun projects. She introduced me to calendar making. She let me help with making a Quiet book for Christina. I remember her making Nina Nina Ballerina. (It was a life size doll of Christina.) I am not sure if I helped with that one, but I thought they were so neat. I remember the stuffed animal's she would turn into puppets, etc. I wish I could sew, or even had a sewing machine.
-Heather always seemed so grown up and could talk with my aunt and uncle. I was always nervous and felt so dumb.
-My aunt tried to teach me how to play the piano. I wish I had been a more diligent student.
-We had a fashion show one summer night and took pictures in Popi's basement.
-When Julianna would get hurt she would say, "owie, Owie, Owie." over and over.
-Carianne and Sara seemed to have a special bond.
I have a lot more I could write about, but this is getting long. I sure am lucky. I wish my kids could have the same thing. Living by family is nice and feels different than friends. But, I know from experience that friends can turn into family.
P.S. Don't forget to enter these two give-aways. For a board book or random Mommy stuff.
3 comments:
My dream is to someday be close to the majority of our grandchildren and have family around. We will see if it ever comes true.
That made me sad.
That was so sweet. Your Aunt Maryanne is such a neat person. I am sad that they left Texas. /i at least got to see them every now and then.
Post a Comment