Monday, June 3, 2013

Sunday Scene

Yesterday was quite the day in our family. Luke gave his first primary talk. He told me what to write and chose the scripture. It said:

"Someday I want to get baptized. You get dunked under water and it makes all your sins wash away. Jesus Christ got baptized. I want to be like Him. 

In Matthew chapter 3 verses 16 and 17 it says, "And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

In 2 1/2 years I get to be baptized. 
In the name...."

Marcus has been really excited about a book series. The first book is called Spy School, the second one, Spy Camp. He insisted that you don't have to read books in order because they always recap them in the next book(s). He read through a few chapters in the second and realized he did need to read the first one to understand it. Yesterday he came to me and said he was sad but he couldn't read that book. I asked him why and he said, "There is swearing, so you can take it back." 
Me: Really? Tell me about it.
Him: I saw the "D" word and thought, okay I will tell Mom and just kept reading. Then it was used again. I glanced through the rest of the chapter and they used the "A" word, too. I am done.
Me: I am so sorry, bud. Thanks for telling me.

This was in the children's section of the library. I am kicking myself for not being more careful.

How was your Sunday?

No comments: