Sunday, April 12, 2009

Eagle Scouts

The reason for our trip happened on Sunday between sessions of Conference. (Wasn't Conference amazing by the way? I kind of wish we could have it every 4 months or even 3 months. Anyway...) Two of Andy's brothers had their Eagle Scout court of honor. Zack (18) completed his in October and Brian (15) in January. Andy used to be able to boast he was the youngest Eagle in the family, but not anymore. Congratulations to the Bahlmann's. They now have 5 out of 6 boys that are Eagles and Michael is only 9. When they cut the cake Michael wanted the eagle head (see yesterday's post) because he will be the next Eagle scout. Brian lovingly pointed out that Marcus could beat him. Now, Marcus wants to try and do just that.
Luke felt very proud wearing Daddy's sash. He was very funny walking around with it and showing off. I know nothing about Scouts despite the fact that my dad was in the organization for years. But, I think 28 badges is really good. I am kind of excited for Marcus to start Cub Scouts next year.
Brian, Zack, Shirley and Bob Bahlmann
Andy presented an Order of the Arrow thing. He was all decked out. Luke liked to sit with him I think because he had cool things to play with. However, he may have just been tired and wanted Daddy to put him to sleep. That is what this photo looks like.

1 comment: