Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day off

Monday my older two children didn't have school, but Andy still did. I wanted to make it a fun day, but because of the active weekend, the house was a mess. So, we spent an hour or so cleaning together and then headed to the park. (How do you teach your children how to clean so it is actually clean? I went back and recleaned everything after they went to bed that night.)
We brought dinner rolls to feed the ducks and geese.
We played on the playground and had a picnic lunch. I love that Marcus was willing to push Anneke.
We stopped to get a juicer so we could make lemonade from the lemons on our tree. Marcus had never tasted them before and seemed to enjoy them.
I didn't realize how hard it is for children to juice something. Anneke did a pretty good job, though.
Marcus is so serious sometimes. We juiced 8 lemons for about a gallon of lemonade.

Where we live has pomegranate trees and a lemon tree. We left the pomegranates alone because they aren't ours thinking our landlord would do something with them, but they are just rotting on the tree and the ground. So, I don't want the same thing to happen to the lemons. I have asked for ideas for using my lemons and have gotten quite a few. If you have any let me know. The lemons are not all ripe, but pretty soon.

Happy 16th Birthday Uncle Brian! Have a great day!

P.S. Andy was t-boned on the way to mutual last night in our mini-van. In keeping with my resolve from yesterday: I am thankful he was not hurt. I am thankful we paid a bit extra so that if our vehicle was totaled our insurance company will pay off the rest of our car. I am thankful that a ward member is loaning us their 2nd car until we figure out what is going on with "Mimsy".

2 comments:

The Millers said...

Sad about your van. so is it the other guys' fault then?
Still a bummer. Good luck figuring all the insurance stuff our. We have just finished our battle with William's head vs. the insurance companies and I am glad that it is over!

Sarah said...

That sucks about your car but I know how you feel. We got hit in December and had our car totalled, then three months later I got rear ended in our new car. What a pain!
I think cleaning at this point is to just get them used to the idea of cleaning up after themselves so that when they are able to really deep clean they will already be in the habit. It would definitely be easier to just do it all but then they would never learn how to do it themselves right?