Friday, November 6, 2009

Recipes

I just completed a project. Yea me! Sunday I realized that I have collected a lot of recipes, many of which I have never used or will never use. So, I started going through them and tossing a lot. (That was hard, but what do you do with them otherwise?) After a little while I started to write down the titles of the ones I had so I wouldn't forget. I separated them into categories like main dish chicken, main dish ground beef, Sunday meals, snacks, breakfast, etc. I went through every cookbook I own. It didn't take as long as I thought it would. Yesterday I finished. Now, just to type up my recipe catalog and I can use it as a reference guide. I won't forget about some fun recipes again. There are so many I have been meaning to try, but they slip my mind. I would love a computer program where you could type in your recipes and then look them up according to ingredients you have in the cupboard. (Especially on the Sabbath when I won't go shopping for them.)

2 comments:

Julie and Matt said...

Very cool. What an accomplishment.

Katherine said...

I was thinking about a similar computer program a few weeks ago. It would make meal planning so much easier