There is a person that truly seems to hate me. I don't have much interaction with her anymore. But, we used to work closely with each other. Towards the end of our time together I sensed a lot of animosity. I figured it was something going on in her life and let it go. Now, when I see her she will literally turn her back to me, or walk away. I thought these were coincidences until last night. I was able to go to a special event and this person happened to be there. The person I was with made a comment about my "special friend"'s treatment of me. I was a bit upset because the person has even spread her dislike towards me to other people. Seriously, I can't imagine disliking someone so much that I would go out of my way to avoid them or make them feel bad. I have gone over every encounter with this person and I have found nothing to justify this. Andy told me to let it go and I am trying. But, I want to fix it. I want to be her friend. I have truly liked her since I first saw her. Okay, I am done now. I sure hope this helps me. I don't like feeling like this.
6 comments:
I have had this happen to me too - many times. I really don't know what to tell you except to move on. That is a hard thing to do and even harder when you run into that person all of the time. I am sorry that they are passing their dislike to others. I could go on and on but you know how I feel about gossip. I love you and I admire you for taking the higher road.
I agree with Grandma Bailey. I don't agree with gossip and being unkind to others, especially when they haven't done anything to you. Just remember what an amazing person you are and that she is losing out on a great friendship with you because of her actions.
I have found this happens when people have Satan in their lives more then Jesus. When you are doing something spiritually uplifting, a person finds something wrong with you. Does that make sense? They let hate take control of their heart. It will continue to bother you at the least expected times. Happens to me with an individual in my life and it drives me crazy. I often just say a little prayer at those times for that individual. (I even found myself asking for forgiveness from Heavenly Father, because I couldn't figure out what I did and I need Him forgive me.) I also put their name on the temple roll if they cross my mind while at the temple. I hope those words help you.
I feel terrible for the distance we had when I got ready to move. I think it was my way of making sure it didn't hurt as much to leave Cedar City. I miss you so much and I miss your family. I can't wait for the day when we get to hang out again!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I am so sorry sis!
People can be awful and mean. Behavior like this shocks me more and more the older I get. I just don't understand the need for people to spread so much hate.
Now what you should do is confront her. I know you don't like this but what if her problem is a small misunderstanding that could be easily fixed? Maybe something is going on in her life and all this meaness she is throwing around is just a cry for help. I would ask her point blank one day why she is mad at you and what you could possibly have done. If nothing else it will help her recognize that her behavior is hurting your feelings.
I love you and if I were there I would tell her to live my little sister alone!!!
I probably will not see her again. She is moving this month. But, thank you for the support and love.
Post a Comment