Yesterday was really hard. I am still not sure why, but it was. I tried calling people (they will remain nameless) but no one answered. So, I prayed A LOT for peace. Mostly what is bugging me is that we have been in school for our whole marriage and courtship (9+ years). It is getting wearing. My husband works a lot. When he is home he is doing homework, or sleeping. We need a date, but can't find time or even afford a babysitter. I get one evening with my husband and that is Thursday nights. Now, there are scouting things on Thursdays that either he or I have to go to. Then, Andy called to tell me that he doesn't get Thanksgiving off anymore. So, we can't go to Utah and see family. (I wanted to see the Dittmar family especially) Marcus's teacher is driving me crazy. On top of that we have 3 very active children that I feel are getting a raw deal. My parents called and after talking to them I was able to be more at peace. My dad says that things aren't easier money wise when you are done with school. I am happy to report, I don't care about that. I just want my husband around. SOOOOOOO.....I am going to look at the positive with all the negative and find the things I am thankful for.
*Andy can get an education and follow the counsel of our church leaders.
*I was able to finish my Bachelors degree.
*Andy has not just one, but two jobs. In this economy that is great.
*He is able to provide for our needs and still get his schooling taken care of.
*We don't have time to spend money anyway.
*We both have callings that the Lord is helping us magnify and we will be blessed for that.
*We won't be spending money on extra gas this month.
*Andy does get Christmas day off. (Probably not Christmas Eve, though.)
*My children are healthy and smart.
*We have food to eat.
*I have a blog that helps me communicate with the people I love.
*We are not freezing in the snow somewhere, but enjoying 90 degree weather in November.
*I am a daughter of God and so blessed.
PS I can't believe I forgot one of the most important things. I get to be a stay at home mom and my husband is doing whatever it takes to make that a possibility for me. I am really grateful for that since I really didn't get to do that with Anneke when she was baby.
6 comments:
i will try to figure out a way for us to come visit you. for sure at christmas time we will be driving through las vegas. maybe sooner than that julianna and my mom and i could take a short trip down there. we both haven't seen you for ages, and i know julianna wants to. and i must say that you are sooooooo right about the cold, that would be a huge blessing about living in las vegas and a huge negative to utah, haha. i love you!
We do love you and your family is always in our prayers. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Andy is getting close to graduating. You are being blessed and you are loved by a whole lot of people. Unfortunately we can't give you the physical hugs and kisses but know we love you and are very proud of who you are.
I love you so much Heidi! Hopefully we will be able to see you soon. You're awesome!
I admire you Heidi, hang in there...it probably seems like this stage in your lives will last forever, but remember it's only temporary. We'll miss you at Thanksgiving, but at least you'll get to spend Christmas together as a family!
You know... you could call me... I'd answer! But you probably did not know that! I love your positive list. Satan is really trying to break you guys apart because you are doing so many things right! It might be hard to understand that, but that is what I just witness in your message! Remember that this time is just a small struggle and before long it will be over and you will be on to other things!
Oh, Heidi!! I can (somewhat) empathize with you and you are a major example to me. Mitchell just started college last fall and I'm already going crazy. It's amazing to me that you've made it this long.
And I consider you lucky in one thing. I haven't seen my Brugger family for a long time. I haven't seen you, Pam, or Heather for 10 years, I think!! I did see the Dittmars and Cari about 6 years ago and your parents about 5 years ago, but that's still a long time.
Post a Comment