Saturday, May 30, 2009

Anneke's projects

I am happy today because I have a great husband that works two jobs so that I can be at home with my children. He is tired most of the weekend because of working the graveyard shift. Still, he tries to make me happy and I am.

I have been bothered by all that Anneke's teachers have her do at home, because they don't do much at school. Lately I have decided to embrace it and have fun with it. Here are two of the latest projects.For the "All About Me" poster the parents were supposed to draw a picture of the child. Then the child was supposed to decorate the rest with things they liked and didn't like. Andy tried hard to draw a good picture of Anneke, but you can't capture the sparkle in her eyes or her mischievous grin.
This is the colored self portrait. I was at the dentist and didn't get one of her completed poster. She had things like macaroni and cheese, pink, princesses, books, olives, etc. on there.
The kids were told to draw a picture of a zoo animal or zebra. I thought it would be fun to create a zoo diorama. Anneke and Marcus both got into it and the result is pretty fun.You can't see the zookeeper Marcus drew, but he even had keys on a chain from his belt. Talk about attention to detail. Anneke drew that big black monkey hanging in the tree. (She wanted me to add that.)

1 comment:

The Millers said...

It can be so fun to get into projects with eachother. This makes me a little bit excited about school. Well done on the diorama!