
I love to read these book reviews. If you haven't gone there, seriously, check it out. It is so fun to read. I read them all one night when I couldn't sleep. It has given me fun books to look for. Last week they reviewed Baby Mouse books. There are 10 in the series so far. They looked like Anneke would really enjoy them. They are graphic novels and all black, white and pink. I bought the first two and we love them. Anneke "reads" them on her own. The first one was my favorite of the two. Baby mouse realizes that it is okay to be you and that is the most important thing. I think my niece Carlye would like them, but they would take her about 1/2 an hour to read. Even boys enjoy them, despite the pink. Andy was excited to see graphic novels for younger kids, but was disappointed with the second book, which he read first. (I think he liked the first one better.)
I had never read these books. My oldest sister was always reading them or would not let me when we were growing up. When she found out I had never read them last December for my birthday and Christmas she got me the whole set of "Anne" books. With all sorts of other things getting in the way I finally finished the first one.The most distracting thing was how well they stuck to the book for the movie. The characterization was perfect and now I really want to watch them, which I do not own. I loved the book. I have so many quotes from it that I want to save or cross-stitch or something. It left me feeling happy and ready to read the rest. Unfortunately, I packed the other 7 books and now I can't read them for a while. Also, Anne has the same initials as Anneke. Anne Shirley Blythe. Hee! Hee! I hope we don't have hair dying and near drownings in our future. (Instead we had hair cutting and near drownings in the past...) I recommend the book, definitely. Even my husband enjoyed it when he had to read it for class one year. It is a great feel good book and not too heavy, but thought provoking.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you enjoyed it. You'll love the others - especially as you get into new story where the movies didn't go. I read the whole series over and over again. I love you!
Hooray! I am glad that you like this book! It was the inspiration for my daughter's name, Avonlea!
Post a Comment