
I don't watch a lot of movies except what we own. So, the fact that I have been to the theatre twice and rented 2 movies in the past month is amazing for me. Here is what we/I saw and what I thought if you are interested.
Fireproof - So, we finally got around to watching this after several people recommended it. Acting was so bad. It was hard to get over that. Also, they didn't show enough hardship between the couple to set it up really well. Once you got into it the story was moving and it just felt real and good. I would watch it again and am very interested in the Love Dare now. (I think that is what he called it.) Kirk Cameron is still that weird kid from Growing Pains, though. I would recommend watching it. B-
Taken - Heavy on action and violence. I didn't feel like there was much story line, either. I am glad I watched it, but don't want to watch it again. Very frustrated we used our free movie tickets on it and it came out on DVD the next week. C
Star Trek - The best had to be last. I am not a Trekkie, but I loved it. I do not say that...ever...that I can think of. The movie was so fun. It brought back childhood memories. (Seriously, Mom, take Dad. You have to watch it on the big screen.) It had a good story line and it moved right along. They had fun inside jokes and nods, but they were not distracting. I was impressed how all these actors were the characters I know and love. (Chekov and Scottie are still my favorites.) They kept the feeling of the original Star Treks, but moved it up a notch. Right from the beginning it had me on an emotional ride. I hope they do more Star Trek movies with these actors. Also, I thought it was interesting that the lead actors real name is Chris Pine and they have a character Christopher Pike. Also also, the best role Winona Ryder has done by far. Hee Hee! A+
4 comments:
I think I'd disagree with you on at least two movies, maybe three, but Star Trek was pretty awesome. Eventually I'll share my POV.
Fireproof definitely had bad acting - but Carl and I loved the marriage message that it sent. Didn't I warn you about the acting?
Did you see me mention Fireproof on facebook? Oh MAN! At the beginning, I thought, 'this is downright painful to watch!' I was able to forget about the acting for the most part, but Brian didn't. Still, we both agree that in the end it was a good story and message.
I've only seen Bride Wars and StarTrek...startrek was Amazing!! I'm not a StarTrek fan either, but it was awesome!!!
Post a Comment