Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Camping out for Mothers Day

I apologize that this blog is a bit picture heavy, but a picture says a thousand words.
As a reward for the no eating out month we decided to go camping, not realizing that it was Mother's Day weekend. Andy has to work a lot lately, so we had to go Saturday to Sunday. (We have a late church and made it home by 9am, anyway.)
Mount Charleston was beautiful and very cool. Anneke said she was "freezing".
My children need to get outside or they go crazy. They loved being able to climb, run, scream, etc.
Luke doesn't like being away from home. He loved the water, but got soaked and then cold and then miserable. I love this picture, though.
It was literally freezing the night we camped and Luke slept with us. (We left a bag of ice out that did not melt overnight.) We were on a slope and kept sliding into Andy. At 5:00am we gave up and got up. A fire did little to break the chill. We broke camp and were gone by 8:00am.
My wonderful children gave me some great gifts. The big card is from Anneke. I got a Webkinz cardinal I named Miss Scarlet, a new little Critter book and a Pegasus broach from Marcus. (click to view a larger image, the jewelry is amazing.) Anneke wanted to get me a stuffed Little Critter mom, but couldn't find one. It would have been very appropriate though.
The reasons I get to celebrate this day are surrounding me. Love it!

3 comments:

Katie said...

ahh, what a fun camping night! we need to do that...

Cari said...

Wow - actual pictures of you! I love it!

Elise said...

awww...cute pictures! How fun! I was just telling my mom the other day how I need buy equipment again to go camping- I miss it. I used to have a ton of camping stuff in college (& would go all the time), but I gave a lot of it away or sold it when I left on my mission. Being out here in the east there are so many GORGEOUS places to go...guess i better start saving for that as well :)